- 14.5 oz can sliced carrots, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda’
- ½ teaspoon salt
You will also need either non-stick spray or muffin liners.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain carrots and pour onto dinner-size plate.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over carrots.
- Mash with fork until all pieces of carrot are about the size of peas.
- Break egg into medium bowl and mix well with fork.
- Add oil to egg and mix well.
- Add carrots and sugar to oil/egg mixture and stir well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to carrot mixture and stir until moist.
- Pour batter into muffin tins (sprayed with nonstick spray or lined), about half full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Insert toothpick into center of one muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffin is done.
- Cool 5 minutes. Best served warm.